Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identity number provided to each resident of India. This number is given by The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a central government agency of India. The main aim of this scheme is to collect the information of each individual like biometric and demographic data. And store all the information each individual in a centralised database. This project is considered as the world’s largest national identification number project.
In January 2009, Government of India set up the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The main objective of the UIDAI is to provide the 12-digit unique identification number to each and every resident of India. The process of collecting the data and issuing the Aadhaar started on September 2010.
To get the Aadhaar number, the following information is collected.
- Biometric of Individual.
- Name and date of birth of individual.
- Any Government issued Identity Details of the individual(passport,PAN number, Voter ID etc).
- Permanent Address of the Individual.
Once all the information is collected, the application will be sent to further cross verification of the details provided by the person. After all the process done successfully, 3 months will be taken to send the Aadhaar card to the respective person through post to the address which he has given during providing the application.One can check now their status of Aadhar application through online itself.
Here in this article we explain you how to check Aadhaar card status online. Its very easy procedure to follow.
Follow the procedure explained below to check your Aadhaar card status online.
- First you must keep the Aadhaar card enrolment slip safely, which was given to you at enrolment centre after completing enrolment process. Without this you cannot check the status.
- Go to the website https://resident.uidai.net.in/web/resident/check-aadhaar-status
- Enter the details which are needed there. You must enter your 14-digit enrolment number first and the detailed date and time of when the enrolment slip issued. Enter the security code provided.
- Click on “Check Status” button.
- Now you will get back the status of your Aadhaar Card, whether it is submitted or still it is under verification process.
- According to the reply you can proceed further.
There is no method to check Aadhaar card status by name. So one need the enrolment number for checking status of your UIDAI card.
There is another way, with which one can get their UIDAI card status through SMS whish is even faster method. Following are steps one has to follow to check Aadhaar Card status through SMS
- Open Create New Message in your phone.
- Type “UID STATUS <14 digit enrollment number>” in phone
- Now send this SMS to 51969
- If your Aadhaar card has been processed successfully, then you’ll receive a 12-digit number which is your Aadhar Card Number. But if it hasn’t been generated then you won’t be receiving any such code.
What one should do if they lost enrolment slip?
Following is the procedure to get your 14-digit enrolment number.
- Open the URL https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- Enter your details such as name, email address, mobile number (which you registered) and the security code displayed (captcha).
- Click on Get OTP button.
- Now, OTP will be delivered to your mobile number.
- In the box below, enter the OTP you just received on your mobile and/or email address
- Click on “Verify OTP”
Now you will receive a message on your mobile with your Enrollment Id as you selected in Step 2 above