India is one of the major countries in the world and has an excellent reputation of the system the country has. The country is built by people. India has many young and old entrepreneurs and business in the country.
The country has many businesses running, and every business people have to pay Tax to the government. The tax is what business, property, jewelry and other liquid or non-liquid properties have to pay the government. The Government will use that tax money to build the country even more in better ways.
The Income Tax rates are vary from the different size of the property or the income made by an individual. The Income Tax has their set of rules to follow and every Indian has to follow those rules as well. To run the business comfortably, the business owner has owner has to pay his fair of Income tax. If you are an employee with income that is under Income Tax rules, then you have to pay the amount.
In few cases, what happens is that the Income tax department deducts more than usual amount from your account then you can claim that extra deducted amount from the Income Tax office. The income tax office takes some time to process the refund to your account. You can the status of your refund and find out when you will be getting your refund.
How to Check your Income Tax Refund Status Online
Status of Tax Refund
Now that you are here to check the status,
- Go to Official Tax Status Website.
- Now that the page has appeared.
- Type in your PAN card number.
- Select the Assessment Tax year.
- Now you can check your Tax refund status.
Did You E-file Your Tax Return for This Year?
The question remains that have you applied for E-file? That is an important part. You have E-file using the official website of the Income Tax provided by the staff.
If you don’t know how to apply, then let me take you to a quick tutorial on How to Apply for E-file.
- Go to the Official website of the Income E-file site.
- Now you have to choose, which method you will take. You can select to download the file, or you can only use the quick fill and fill in all of the details.
- Choose the Requisite form, and there are three so choose the one which fits your job or business description.
- Submit your documents and fill up the form.
- Now it’s time to verify ITR V.
Income Tax Refund Status Format
It is important to know what kind of format it will be to recognize that your refund is in the process. Once you have checked entered your PAN details, you will be redirected to another page with the status, and you can see your PAN card number with the assessment year.
You will see five columns and those columns are about
- Mode of payment (How the Income Tax department is going to refund your money).
- The reference number of your refund process.
- STATUS (This is how you can find what the current status of your refund is).
- Speed post reference number (Incase if you have selected to receive a cheque instead of direct bank transfer).
You can choose two different types of transfers. You can choose direct transfer to your bank or receive a cheque through a speed post.
It doesn’t matter which payment method you choose, you will receive the refund in your bank or in the form of cheque. You can check the status of your refund using the official link of Income Tax Department.