Raksha Bandhan is one of the most famous Secular festivals celebrated in many parts of the world. Raksha bandhan is also called as Rakhi Purnima sometimes it is also called as Rakhi or Rakhri simply.
Raksha Bandhan is also celebrated as a very auspicious festival in Nepal and there it is celebrated in the name of Janai Purnima. Raksha Bandhan is also celebrated as a very huge festival in Jain religion, that day Jain priests provide threads which are called as Rakhi to the devotees.
Raksha Bandhan is basically a Hindu festival it is celebrated on the Shravan Purnima which is a full moon day in the month of Shravan. This festival is celebrated between Brothers and sisters or biologically unrelated relatives. This festival is celebrated in many countries due to the good moral from the festival that Brother should be always there to protect his sister and sister prays for the well being of his brother.
How is Raksh Bandhan Celebrated?
On the auspicious day of Raksha Bandhan, the women i.e. sisters perform some prayers along with the aarti to their brothers before tying the Rakhi’s to them. Then they put Tilak on their forehead and then tie the Rakhi’s to the Wrist of boys i.e. to brothers. Then girls give them some sweat wishing all the well in coming life. Now, the brothers promise to protect her sisters all long their life and offer them some gifts, money or dresses etc and wishes to their sisters.
Raksha Bandhan Images
So, on this auspicious occasion many of them will be searching for some HD Raksha Bandhan images in order to show the love towards the festivals and to wish all of the sisters and brothers. So, here we are providing ypu with all the best Raksha Bandhan HD images for Whats app, Facebook and many other.
Celebrate the Auspicious Day of Raksha Bandhan in an unique way
In India, with unit and diversity being followed, there are many so many relationships that are celebrated as the spirit of the festivity. Every occasion in some or the other way brings the family together for a celebration. One such festival is Raksha Bandhan which is holds the essence of brother and sister relationship. This Indian festival is the reason of celebration for the bond between a brother and sister which they promise to follow for the next coming years of their life. It is a time when siblings pray for well being, goodwill and happiness of each other. The occasion holds great importance for Indian people and which is main reason of the grand celebration.
On the day of Raksha Bandhan, a sacred relation between a brother and sister is celebrated in a special way. On this auspicious day, sister ties a thread called ‘Rakhi’ to his brother on which the brother takes an oath to take care and support her in all her good and bad times. There are many ancient stories and myths of this day due to which people believe in celebrating this festival. Generally the ‘Rakhi’ is tied by a sister to her brother. But it can be tied by anyone be it a wife, a mother and even a daughter to the person whom she thinks of a close person for whom she wishes for lots of love and happiness.
Raksha Bandhan Festival : Explain in Brief
On this big day of celebration, the siblings no matter in which corner of the world are residing would come together to celebrate it with great enthusiasm and spirit. In olden times, the sages used to tie a sacred thread to themselves and the god they believe to protect them from the evil. In India, People call this festival as ‘Papa Todak, Punya Pradayak Parva’ which means the evil and sins should die and the goodwill and happiness should spread everywhere. If you take a look at the Indian Scriptures, you will understand that this festival has been followed with a big Pooja, variety of dishes being made, and new clothes are worn by the people hoping to kill all the sins and bad luck surrounding them.
The festival was highly promoted by Rabindranath Tagore as a feeling of commitment and unity towards all the members of the society and a promise to safeguard each other and stay encouraged to maintain a harmony in social life. Although today’s generation has evolved to a great extent, so does the pledges involved in this relationship which holds spiritual, moral and cultural values. There is no doubt that the sentiments attached to celebrate this relation are genuine but people don’t look at it only from a point of view to celebrate this occasion with the siblings but also to celebrate it with other people. It is another great reason which binds the family together emotionally in this love bond.
‘Raksha Bandhan’-A Bond of Protection is more like a promise which a brother gives to his sister to protect them in all sorts of troubles and harms. Also, a sister prays for the protection of a brother from all the evil surrounding him and hopes for wellbeing. This day generally falls in the month of August during a special time called ‘Shravan Purnima’. The sacred thread is tied by the sister on the wrist of their brother. In return along with a promise the brother gifts her with something special which she can mesmerize for rest of her life as a memory of this relationship. Earlier this festival was only celebrated by the people who had siblings but today’s generation has changed a lot and now they have gone beyond it to celebrate the festival with their close friends, loved ones and other family members to signify the peaceful relation between the two.
Raksha Bandhan Images:
As you can see in this Raksha Bandhan Image, the short description of what exactly is done on this auspicious day. With lot many sweets, a ‘Thali of Pooja’, and the sister tying a Rakhi is shown.
The Image here shows how the brother is hiding the gifts to surprise his lovely sister. You can also see the happiness and excitement on the face of both these little siblings.
This is another perfect illustration which simply shows the exact meaning of this big day. The enhance of blessing, wishes, happiness, Prayer, and goodwill is something that is followed on this blissful day by not only siblings but also by other people.
10 Best Ideas for rakhi making
Raksha Bandhan is one holy day which is celebrated in every Indian house with good spirit. You too can make this Hindu festival a lot more exciting by making Rakhi in your own way. Give your creativity some space, show your care towards your loved ones and give the Rakhi, a special touch of your love by making it on your own. There are so many cool ideas for Rakhi making which won’t take much time, don’t need much material and the best part is you can make the best of waste with some fancy ideas that defiantly would be appreciated by other people. Listed are few ideas, which you might want to take a look at:
- An Aeroplane Rakhi: If you want to give this idea to your kid who wants to make a lovely Rakhi for her brother, then certainly she would love to make such fancy one. If her brother is also of her same age or a little elder or younger to her, then he would definitely love the Rakhi that has cartoon or animated characters. To make this type of Rakhi, you need a satin ribbon of any color, but red would be preferable. Buy an adhesive back circle sticker which can hold the image long and a sticker of an Aeroplane that you can either make on your own or buy it from stationery. To make this Rakhi, first you need to highlight the Aeroplane outline with a black marker. For extra designing, put some red dots and stick it with the adhesive backing on the stain ribbon. And your Rakhi is all set to get fit on your brother’s arm.
- Animal Rakhi: This would need the similar materials but instead of Aeroplane, you simply have to get the sticker of an animal that your brother likes the most. Put your creativity and designing in the Rakhi and make it look more elegant.
- Simple Wool Rakhi: To make this type of Rakhi, you don’t really have to even visit stationery. Wool is something that you get at home especially if your granny tends to make sweater from it. You just need to cut two three different colors of woolen thread and beads for better design. Make a pom pom of flower design which you will have to add it in this Rakhi. Take the red wool around your fingers with few rounds and tie it at the centre. With the scissors, cute the end and paste a flower pompom. Take the bead and tie it and the centre and behind and your Rakhi is all set.
- Rakhi Using Craft Foam: If there is a wonderful color of foam at home and a woolen thread or satin ribbon available, then with little tailoring, you can make this type of Rakhi. You simply have to cut the foam and give it a shape in such a manner, that it would have some good design. Add it on the woolen thread and the Rakhi is all ready.
- Rakhi with Zari Motifs: this is another simple handmade Rakhi which can be made easily. Visit stationery, get flower and Geometrical designs zari motifs that has a good fabric backing. This would make it easy for you to stick it on the Golden thread or red lace that you but.
- Rakhi with studded Jweles: This type of Rakhi would look more amazing if it has a silk thread which is already well decorated with beads. To make this pattern of Rakhi, you need few silk threads bunches. It would be great if these threads are of different colors as it would look more enticing. Generally, Golden, red, and yellow colors are considered to be the auspicious ones on such bug day. Cut the thread till 30 inches long and fold its length to half. At one fourth end of the knot, tie it with cotton threat. If you see any folded threads loops, then cut it nicely and remove the open ends with a brush. Tie both the ends with cotton threat and decorate it with religious motifs
- Kalava or Moli Rakhi: These days, this pattern of Rakhi is quite trending. It is simple and easy to make handmade Rakhi which your loved ones would definitely like. Such type of Rakhi is generally tied to keep it for a long time. For, this you need a cotton thread, scissor, glue, A moli, and a religious symbol with Tulsi beads. Take the thread of around 30 inches long and fold it in the centre. Leave some space and tie the cotton thread and remove the loops. Past the religious symbol in the centre and apply the beads on rest of the areas of the thread.
- Dhananjaya Rakhi: To make this type of Rakhi, you need silver threads, beads and a locket of any color. You have to tie the thread in a unique way and put some beads in it. Paste the locket in the centre of the beads and turn this Rakhi as an accessory to wear as well.
- Rakhi with an Emplty Frame: This can be another exciting Rakhi, which you can make for your brother. You simple have to make a frame of small cardboard with a plastic cover. And paste your photo and tie on your brother’s hand.
- Teddy Rakhi: This is another interesting Rakhi which you can tie on your brother’s writs. For this you need some stationery such as Scissors, fevicol, old cloth, bindi, cotton and a satin ribbon along with some sparkles and sewing thread. To make this type of Rakhi, you simple take a small price of your old t-shirt and fill it with cotton and fold in around shape. Put some black beads on it as eyes and for lips, you can use your mothers red bindi. To make the body, you have cut a little more extra cloth and fill the cotton as you filled up the round shape face. Add some glitters and sparkles to make the dress of your teddy attractive. Stick the face with the body properly and then tie a ribbon.
These are just few ideas which you can use to make Rakhi for your brother in a unique way. Use these tricks, put your own creativity too and your brother will definitely love the amazing pattern of Rakhi that you make for him.
How To Make hand made Rakhi by sitting at home
One of the best festivals in India which is celebrated on large scale irrespective of the state is Raksha Bandhan. On this festive season, surprise your brother with your own style of Rakhi that he can stop showing it off to his friends and loved ones. With little creativity, some unique ideas and mind blowing concepts, you can definitely make the best Rakhi for your lovely brother and enjoy this holy day with passion. To make this festive holiday memorable, you can do something really unique which can be loved by all. A handmade Rakhi with your personal touch of love and care can be the perfect idea to add happiness at home.
Even if Rakhi these days is available at a cost friendly value but what matters the most is how you make it on your own. It is the best way to show your talent and enjoy it with your sibling. With so many different types of and patterns coming up, you can easily make a handmade Rakhi in less time span. With fast color, comfortable to wear and great to flaunt, put up your imagination to an extent which your sibling would definitely appreciate. For this you need Embroidery Floss of different colors which you can easily get from the stationery. Do not forget to keep scissors with you as you will need it frequently.
The good part is, this type of Rakhi don’t need any kind of braiding which is why, you can involve your young fellows to participate in making it. You have to cut the floss length of 3 different colors of 24 inches each. You have to knot the strong in such a way that it can be hold easily. You will need a helper to hold one end of the string otherwise; you can use the tape and stick it at one corner to get a proper hold. Start twisting the strings as the colors will start getting closer to each other. Continue it till it starts bending a little. Get the ends together and you can see the cord twisting automatically. With your hands, make the bending smooth and trim it a little so they look even.
Rakhi gifts for sisters
One of the amazing moments to show care and love to your sister is Raksha Bandhan. You can bestow love on your sister by gifting her with something really lovely which she would appreciate. If you check out online, you will find wide range of great Rakhi gifts to give tour sister. Chocolates, flowers, personalized gifts, clothes, gift vouchers, spa coupon, and jewelry to name a few are all time favorite which your sister would definitely love. On this glorious day of traditional festival, you can explore some great online websites which can deliver the gifts at the door step and for which you don’t even have to pay anything extra. The best thing is you can send any of the mentioned rakhi gifts for sisters to USA without extra payment.
Personalized Gifts: To honor this traditional festival, there are many only websites which generally keeps fine collection of amazing gifts available at some good deals and discounts. Go through some exclusive collection of Rakhi gifts and treat your sister with extra love and care on this day. The premium range of gifts from cakes perfumes till chocolates can also be sent to your sister easily. You can also check out some personalized gifts like a photo frame, cushion, lamp, mug, or a T-shirt, which she would definitely love to use or store it in her collection of memory. These gifts are not only cost friendly but also comes with great quality.
Gift Hampers: There are some great combo packs that you may think of gifting. Generally in a combo, a bouquet of flowers and chocolates always comes. But along with that, you can add some additional gifts like perfumes, coffee mugs, or some good clothes. A Rakhi hamper is definitely the best gift you can give your sister without even going to the local market. These hampers are available at a cost friendly value and if you want to customize it you can do so and save additional money on it. These hampers are packed with a gift paper and have a good wishing card attached to let your sister know who has sent it.
Take her out for Shopping: Most of the girls just love to shop, buy exciting clothes and look good. Well Just like you, Raksha Bandhan is equally her day too. You can take her out for shopping and also spend some time with her. A good companion in sibling is very rare, so make full use of it. Visit a big mall or the place where she can find lot of options to explore and of course which fits in your budget too. Right from clothes till an elegant leather purse, your sister would definitely go crazy to explore so many options.
A fine Piece of Jewelry: Nothing can make a girl happier than jewelry. This part of accessory is something every girl or women loves to wear and flaunt it in front of others. You can definitely come up with an idea of gifting her fine piece of necklace; earring or bracelet would definitely bring a smile on her face. To compliment that gift her some lovely flowers that she likes and make this day for her equally special.
Easy way of sending Rakhi to usa
If you don’t stay in the same country as your sister then do not worry, online websites ventures the gifts that you can send to any corner of the world. For those pretty sisters who want to deliver Rakhi to USA, can do it in less time span with some great courier stores that offers the service at a cost friendly value. This service specially dispatches the gifts and Rakhis and delivers at the door step of your loved one to surprise them with the love that you have specially sent. These companies only believe in selling a genuine service and that is why you can definitely rely on them
On the auspicious day of Raksha-Bandhan, make your sibling special with wonderful gifts and great rakhi which can never be forgotten in the lifetime. The festival seems to be trending across the world these days due to which this beautiful occasion is celebration all over the world. Even the sisters send the Rakhi to USA and other countries where their brother lives. To save money, you should order the Rakhi as fast as possible and decide with the gift. This will help to deliver the product on time and that too without any difficulty. So start with your Rakhi shopping today and make this day special.